Conversations With Cal


Cal has become delightfully deadpan lately. When I was trying to entertain both him and David with an American civil-war marching song that I liked as a kid, and moaned that nobody seemed impressed, he suggested, 'maybe try someone else.'

He's also trying out the phrases, 'of course', 'I guess' and  'I don't trust..' and getting them slightly, and charmingly, wrong a lot of the time. Being completely useless at learning languages it's fascinating for me to watch how a language, and also how the understanding of concepts like trust are learned, through trial and lots of error.

He's also becoming completely reasonable. Yesterday we were locked out of the house in all of this endless summer heat and we had to take a train, a bus, a walk and finally a taxi at 5pm when he was exhausted, but there was no drama. Some slight whinging, yet nothing like the shit-storm those combined factors would have resulted in a few months ago.  

He also grew 1cm in about a week. I actually noticed the difference over night last week. Sweet thing.

Comments

Popular Posts