Weird New Sleeping Arrangements

A funny thing happened. When our friend Jurgen was staying with us Cal slept on his mattress in our room and it was A-OK. Turns out he doesn't hardly make a peep all night, which is surprising to me. But what is more surprising is that having him in the same room (in his own bed on the other side of the room) seems to make me sleep a lot better. 

I usually spend a good 45 mins or more making grocery lists or wondering What The Hell I'm Doing With My Life and 4am seems to be my preferred time-slot. But since Cal's been in our room I just listen to his breathing and go right back to sleep. Immediately. Which is making me so happy that when Jurgen left we asked Cal if he wanted to stay in our room. 

So Cal's room is now the office/ Cal's toy storage facility, which is working much better for David who can now get some decent work done during the day, and also Cal and I now have free run of the living room without disturbing Daddy too much.

So family bedroom.. pretty hippy shit, but at the moment it's working a charm. 
No objections from this guy to permanent sleep-overs in our room
Licking sugar of his pancake plate
A cosy reading corner for Cal in the living room where David's desk was

Comments

Popular Posts